Downtime

The weather has been appalling recently, with gale force wind and rain, so I’m stuck inside this weekend. I’ve been keeping busy by converting another of the HubSan X4Cs for a workshop we’re running in March. It took all day as I’ve been filming the process as I go along, so it should be interesting to see how the final video turns out. This time around we’ve also got a £20 FPV camera so we can give them a go with the FPV goggles.

DanaTheDimorphodon.png

Also for the workshop, I’ve been playing around with a new design of 3D printed frame. This time, it’s a Dimorphodon dinosaur skeleton. It’s a bit ambitious, and I’m not sure if it’s going to work, but it’s been fun sketching it out. I think I’m going to stick with the flat style of 5mm high extruded frame rather than go the whole hog and make it properly 3D. I’m not entirely sure where I’m going to put the four motors yet, though.

In addition to this, I’ve finally got two new LiPos for my RS352.

I opted for some Hyperion 1300mAh LiPos, similar to the original ones which worked really well. I ordered them from Robot Birds on Sunday and they had arrived by Tuesday. Fantastic, but those XT60 connectors will have to go as I use the Deans ones. I would have swapped them over today, but I’ve been filming the HubSan conversion process for most of the day. That can wait until next Saturday when, hopefully, we’ll have better weather. It sounds like the wind is trying to tear the roof off at the moment.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s